- Tennessee Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Mgmt
- Construction Jobsite Management
- Construction Project Management
- ACI 318-14
- BCSI: Guide to Good Practice for Handling and Installing Wood Trusses
- NASCLA Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Mgmt
- Erectors Manual
- Training and Certification of Field Personnel for Unbonded Post-Tensioning
- SDI Steel Deck Manual of Construction 3rd Edition
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
- Gypsum Construction Handbook
- Placing Reinforcing Bars
- Handling and Erection for Steel Joists and Steel Girders
- Modern Masonry
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction
- Code of Federal Regulations - 29 CFR Part 1926 OSHA
- Carpentry and Building Construction
- ANSI Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities 2017
- Roofing Construction and Estimating
- Contractors Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
- Green Building Fundamentals
- International Building Code 2018
Say goodbye to lugging around these heavy textbooks and get them shipped right to your door at our low prices!
Where can I register to take the NASCLA contractor's exam for Tennessee?
In order to take the NASCLA exam for Tennessee, you'll need to register to take the exam on the NASCLA official website. The fee to take this exam is $106.
What exams are required for a general contractor license in TN?
- NASCLA Accredited Examination for Commercial General Building Contractors
- Tennessee Business & Law Exam
What other requirements do I have to complete to get my TN contractor's license?
Each state has its own requirements for obtaining a general contractors license. A license is required for projects over $25,000. Here are the requirements for obtaining a general contractor's license in the state of Tennessee:
- Monetary Limits:
- 10x working capital or 10x net worth (the lesser of the two)
- Reviewed financial statement required if the monetary limit that is requested is less than or equal to $3,000,000
- Audited financial statement required if the monetary limit that is requested is greater than to $3,000,000
Where do I submit my application for my contractor's license in Tennessee?
You can submit your application for the contractor's license to the Tennessee state licensing board. The following is the contact information:
Address: Board for Licensing Contractors
4th Floor, Davy Crockett Tower
500 James Robertson Pkwy
Nashville, TN 37243-1150
What is on the TN NASCLA exam?
The general NASCLA contractors exam is broken down into 12 subject areas with a total of 115 questions. You'll have 330 minutes to complete the questions.
Here is a breakdown of the exam:
||Number of Questions
|Thermal & Moisture Protection
|Doors, Windows & Glazing
|Mechanical & Plumbing Systems
|Procurement & Contracting Requirements